Apple Search Ads Basic offers a simple and automated advertising ecosystem on the App Store platform. It requires little setup, allows for automatic creation and delivery of ads. However, the automation comes at a cost of not being able to tune any elements of the promotional campaign, making relying on the systems provided by Apple the only option, hence the name “basic” for the tools. Unlike the advanced plan which provides performance statistics to the publisher based on a cost-per-thousand-impressions model (CPT), the basic plan has cost-per-install pricing (CPI).
Benefits of Apple Search Ads Basic:
- Easy Setup and Management: Apple Search Ads Basic offers a streamlined and user-friendly interface, making it easy for advertisers to set up and manage their advertising campaigns on the App Store platform.
- Automated Campaign Optimization: The tools utilize Apple’s algorithms and machine learning capabilities to automatically optimize campaigns for maximum performance and relevance, saving advertisers time and effort.
- Cost-Per-Install (CPI) Pricing Model: With Apple Search Ads Basic, advertisers are charged based on the number of installs generated by their ads. This pricing model ensures that advertisers only pay for actual app installations, making it a cost-effective option for driving user acquisition.
- Access to a Large User Base: Apple Search Ads Basic allows advertisers to reach a vast user base of engaged iOS users who are actively searching for apps, increasing the visibility and discoverability of their apps.
- Integration with App Store Data: Apple Search Ads Basic leverages data from the App Store, such as app metadata, user search queries, and user behavior, to deliver relevant and targeted ads to users at the moment they are searching for relevant apps.
Limitations of Apple Search Ads Basic:
- Limited Campaign Customization: Unlike the advanced plan, Apple Search Ads Basic does not provide granular control over campaign elements such as keywords, ad groups, and bidding strategies. Advertisers must rely on Apple’s automated systems for campaign optimization.
- Lack of Detailed Performance Reporting: Apple Search Ads Basic offers limited reporting capabilities, providing advertisers with basic performance metrics such as installs, average cost per install, and spend. However, detailed insights and advanced reporting features are not available in Apple Search Ads Basic.
Best Practices for Apple Search Ads Basic:
- Optimize Metadata: Since Apple Search Ads Basic relies heavily on app metadata, ensure that your app’s title, keywords, and description accurately reflect its features and target audience. This will help increase its visibility in relevant search queries.
- Monitor and Adjust Bids: Regularly monitor the performance of your ads and adjust your bids based on the desired cost-per-install and your app’s conversion rate. Experiment with different bid amounts to find the optimal balance between cost and performance.
- Test Different Creative Assets: Test various ad creative elements, such as screenshots and app icons, to identify which ones resonate best with your target audience. Optimize your creatives based on user engagement and conversion metrics.
- Monitor Keyword Relevance: Monitor the performance and relevance of the keywords triggering your ads. Refine your keyword list by adding negative keywords to avoid irrelevant impressions and optimize your targeting.
- Leverage Keyword Suggestions: Utilize the keyword suggestions provided by Apple Search Ads Basic to identify new relevant keywords to include in your campaign. This can help expand your reach and increase the chances of appearing in relevant search queries.