We’ve watched the WKYT weather team several times a day since moving back to Lexington 9 years ago. I took meteorology as an elective in my engineering curriculum and have been very interested since. I experienced the April ‘74 tornado outbreak while at Ft Knox raising my awareness for severe weather. Chris and Jim are a delight being local, competent, and confident. Ally is a lot better than Megan. I thought poor Megan was about to cry. If I could tell Ally one thing to improve it would be the definition of a period at the end of a sentence. Her monotone run-on sentences are very noticeable. Keep it up Weather Team.
It is so good to see the accurate weather forecast that y’all put on every day. Not only is it on tv I have the app where it is available on my phone. Knowing the weather is very important for me. It is right on the money as far as accuracy. I can’t imagine life without it. THANK YOU Charles Turner. !-!
I use this app multiple times daily and it has been perfect. But now if you want to watch a 30 second clip describing how the weather is going to change, you have to watch a 30 second ad first - and every ad is for Morehead for some reason. Then, once you get through that, the sound on the weather video doesn’t work even though it worked for the ad. They also made the app much uglier. Very disappointed with these changes.
What happened to the voice notifications? Not only that, but I don’t even get a written alert notification anymore for severe weather. All my notification settings are turned on. I like this app, but I miss the alerts.
It’s not up-to-date most of the time and gives inaccurate information. it can be pouring the rain at our location and show that there is no rain on the radar. The temperature is always different from the forecast on the TV, or on our own temperature gauge at our house, etc.. I understand that that are variables @ different locations….
Have used this app for a long time now and loved it. But I hate the recent changes. The home screen used to give radar, current temp and the week’s weather at a glance. No more—that’s gone. And there are now so many ads you have to search for true weather data. Definitely NOT an upgrade! Please take some of these ads off and restore the good home page.
Recently the radar has been cluttered by an overlay that frankly is a nuisance. I only want a clear radar fast as a truck driver without needing to push a button to put in motion. Putting it into motion and needing to pause at just the right place to get current information is not working for me.
I have always loved this app, but this update is terrible. It’s focused around ads more than the weather and for the life of me I can’t even find where it shows the current temperature. All I can find is what the hourly forecast is. My opinion, but they took something that wasn’t broken and tried to fix it......and now it’s broke!
This app is misleading. It is nationwide and setup to make money for each tv station that uses it. The local stations don’t report the weather on the app. It is coming from some source out side the state. Very misleading. Totally used for making money for the stations and very little concern is given for the weather. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS APP! Unless you don’t mind watching ads. And getting poor weather forecast.
Has been my preferred weather app for a long time. However, more than half the time now when I open the app, it says there’s a network connection problem. Only way to clear this erroneous information is to completely shut down the app and then open it again. Same thing happens on both my iPhone and my iPad. VERRRRRY ANOYING! Please fix this so I don’t have to find a different preferred weather app.
I had this app for many years and now it keeps crashing I’ve deleted and re-downloaded it many times and updated it as well but I still can use this app, it won’t even open. I click on it and it takes me to the WKYT blue page them crashes making me go back to my home screen. Finding a new app if problem don’t fix.
Ads everywhere, slow to load probably because of all the ads, you get unless notifications at all hours. I guess at least you can look at the radar and get a better idea of what the weather will do than the forecast they give you on TV, it hardly ever does what they are saying will happen at my house
I gave it one star because zero stars was not an option. It will show 10% chance of rain on the daily but if you look at the hourly for that day it may show a 90% chance in five hours. Hard to plan on the farm with that kind of lying.
The home screen should immediately display the temperature without scrolling, like it used to. Now after the most recent update I can’t find the temp at all and I hope when they fix that they revert it to the old home screen style.
I’ve used this app since it came out. But now after this last update you have more ads pop up and details of weather. It’s confusing and this new update was not worth it. I also work at a golf course so I need a good fast accurate weather app. This Was it.
Latest update to the app makes it hard to read. Ads are the majority of the screen. Previously all info was on initial screen; now you have to scroll & search for temp, humidity, etc. Was the best weather app around; now it’s just terrible. Not user friendly at all.
Radar does not work. As I type this, it is pouring the rain outside and the radar shows no precipitation. They just updated the app and it does not work anymore. Going to delete and find a new weather app. Don’t waste your time with this one.
The new updated app is bad. Way too many ads. You have to scroll down to find the traffic report now. Don’t like this update and will find another app to use. Should have left well enough alone...very disappointed!!!
WKYT is proud to announce a full featured weather app for the iPhone and iPad! Features • Access to station content specifically for our mobile users • 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available • Future radar to see where severe weather is headed • High resolution satellite cloud imagery • Current weather updated multiple times per hour • Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models • Ability to add and save your favorite locations • A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness • Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service • Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather • Dedicated traffic page with flow data and incident reports