What is Editor’s Choice (Google Play Store)?
There are over 3 million apps that are currently available in the Google Play Store. With nearly 4 thousand new Android apps debuting in the store every single day, the competition among publishers is alarming, to say the least.
Such abundance might be confusing for users as well making it harder to decide which app to download. That’s when sections like Google Play Store Editors Сhoice come in handy.
What is Editors’ Choice in Google Play?
It’s basically a section within the store that showcases reviews of the best Android apps and games. Each review is curated by the editorial team of Google Play. The section features different topical lists separated by apps and games.
Editors Choice in Google Play Store is the program that facilitates the process of finding the most innovative and interesting apps. When it comes to app publishers, it’s an amazing opportunity to be discovered and find their users.
It comes as no surprise that being featured in Editor’s Choice section favors a considerable conversion boost. Apart from that, featuring can help in:
- improving the visibility of an app;
- building a loyal user base;
- increasing retention;
- stimulating engagement rates;
- cutting acquisition expenses;
- increasing revenue.
No wonder publishers of all calibers aspire to get this desired badge. But how to get an Editors Choice Google Play badge? Be sure that one great feature alone won’t let you enter one of the lists. Here are a few universal tips on how to improve your chances whether you create a mainstream game or an alternative voice coaching bot within an app.
1. It all starts with an app. Above all, it should be reliable and free of any bugs. Otherwise, nobody would care to appreciate your incredible functionality and design.
Furthermore, don’t forget to ensure your app supports high-resolution imagery (720p or higher).
2. The user experience must be as smooth as possible. It isn’t likely you’ll win the editorial team with an app that constantly asks you to fill in endless forms, change Wi-Fi settings, or give multiple confirmations via email. Stay in contact with your users to eliminate such pet peeves.
3. Localization is a great way of increasing the accessibility of your app. Being an organic discoverability tool, it also can help you get noticed by Google Play editors.
4. Follow Google Launch Checklist to make sure your app is Android-friendly. Most importantly, keep the file size under 100 Mb. Your app must support the latest version and be compatible with as many Android device types as possible.
5. Don’t neglect ASO. Unoptimized pages are very unlikely to be featured in Google Play Editors Choice.
6. Experiment with various channels to market your app. Google Ads shouldn’t be your only option. Why not promote your home improvements app on Pinterest or business messaging app on LinkedIn? Such initial exposure will help you get noticed by the Play Store team.