Interstitial advertising is a form of mobile advertising that displays full-screen ads between content screens in an app. They are generally displayed between levels of a game, while the app is loading, or when transitioning from one activity to another. Interstitial ads are highly effective in grabbing users’ attention because they are impossible to ignore.
Why Use Interstitial Advertising?
Interstitial ads are widely used in mobile advertising because of their numerous benefits:
- High Visibility: Since interstitial ads take up the entire screen, they are impossible to miss. This results in higher click-through rates (CTR) and conversion rates.
- Better Engagement: Interstitial ads are highly engaging and interactive, making them an effective way to increase user engagement and retention.
- Increased Revenue: Interstitial ads generate higher revenue than traditional banner ads, as they have a higher CTR and conversion rate.
- Improved User Experience: Interstitial ads are designed to be shown at natural transition points, ensuring a better user experience than interruptive ads.
- Accurate Targeting: Interstitial ads can be targeted to specific demographics, ensuring that they reach the right audience and maximize engagement.
Examples of Interstitial Ads
Some popular examples of interstitial ads include:
- Full-screen ads that appear between levels in a mobile game.
- Ads that appear while an app is loading or transitioning between screens.
- Video ads that play before a user can access the desired content.
- Ads that appear when a user exits an app.