How to Set up a Campaign on Facebook to Start A/B testing?
Setting up a Facebook ad campaign is fairly easy if you know what to do. In this article we’ll show you how to set up an effective Facebook campaign for your SplitMetrics experiment from scratch.
Please follow our step-by-step setup guide.
1. So your first step is to log into your Ads Manager and click on Create.
2. Choose Traffic as the objective for your campaign. If you want to track the efficiency of Facebook Ads campaigns you can use Facebook Pixel for conversion tracking, optimization, here you can find more info about benefits, detailed How-To Guides and more.
3. Scroll down and give your campaign a name.
4. Give your Ad Set a Name.
5. Choose where you want to drive traffic to. Choose website. (Experimental pages are Landing pages=websites)
6. Select your target audience. Pay attention to location, age, gender, and languages. Avoid creating too wide audience, this may have a bad effect on conversion rate. It is better to narrow the audience down by specifying interests. But be careful and do not reduce your potential reach too much.
7. You can also use detailed targeting and define your audience by including or excluding demographics, interests, and behaviors.
9. Define your placement. Please remove all placements except Facebook (Feeds). You can also try to place your Ads in Messenger. For mobile devices, you can add placement on Instagram (Feed, Stories). Also, you need to select a targeted mobile device.
10. Choose device types, platforms, specific mobile devices & operating systems. Make sure that the device type in your campaign matches with the device in your experiment. If your experiment is for iPhone, then choose only iPhones but not iPads, Android phones & tablets, because we’ll filter them out of the analytics and redirect them to the real store. Please select versions of Android starting with 4.4., and iOS starting with iOS 7.0, because older devices tend to get dropped (leave the page without waiting till the full load).
Please note that for the sake of experiment clarity and trustworthiness, it’s necessary to test pages on either iOS or Android users (depending on the experiment type). Otherwise, SplitMetrics A/B testing platform will filter users with unsuitable operating system.
11. Set your budget and schedule. Either go with a budget per day or a lifetime budget. And you can also just run the ad starting today or set a start and end date.
12. Select your ad media: you can choose a single image, slideshow or video. Please make sure your images haven’t too much text on it. You can use Image Text Check to make sure your ad will fully reach the targeted audience.
13. Copy the URL provided on your SplitMetrics campaign page.
14. Enter your http://stor.re/***** URL to promote it on Facebook.
15. Craft your headline and text carefully – they should engage your audience to click the ad banner.
16. Conversion Tracking: select one or more options for conversion tracking. More about Facebook Pixel you can find here.
17. Press the Confirm button and you are good to go.
Now you’re all set to start optimizing your app product page and increase conversions.
Happy A/B Testing!