How to Set up a Campaign on TikTok to Start A/B testing
Setting up a TikTok ad campaign is fairly easy if you know what to do. In this article, we’ll show you how to set up an effective TikTok campaign for your SplitMetrics experiment from scratch.
Please follow our step-by-step setup guide.
1. So, your first step is to log into your Ads Manager and click on Create.
2. Choose Conversions as the objective for your campaign. If you want to track the efficiency of TikTok Ads campaigns you can use TikTok Pixel for conversion tracking, optimization, here you can find more info about benefits.
3. Scroll down and give your campaign a name.
4. Give your Ad Group a name.
5. Choose where you want to drive traffic to. Choose website. (Experimental pages are Landing pages = websites). Select Pixel and Optimization Event (Complete Registration)
6. Define your placement. Please remove all placements except TikTok.
7. Select your target audience. Pay attention to location, age, gender, and languages. Avoid creating a too wide audience, this may have a bad effect on conversion rate. It is better to narrow the audience down by specifying interests. But be careful and do not reduce your potential reach too much.
8. You can also use detailed targeting and define your audience by including interests and behaviors.
9. If you need, you can also create your own audience
10. Choose operating system, OS versions, device models, and connection type. Make sure that the device type in your campaign matches the device in your experiment. Please select versions of Android starting with 4.4, and iOS starting with iOS 8.0, because older devices tend to get dropped (leave the page without waiting till the full load).
Note: For the sake of experiment clarity and trustworthiness, it’s necessary to test pages on either iOS or Android users (depending on the experiment type). Otherwise, SplitMetrics A/B testing platform will filter users with unsuitable operating systems.
11. Set your budget and schedule. Either go with a budget per day or a lifetime budget. And you can also just run the ad starting today or set a start and end date.
12. Set Bid Strategy as Lowest Cost. It will use the available ad group budget to generate as many results as possible at the lowest cost per result.
Note: The nuances of working with budgets and bids:
Leave your campaign budget open and use Daily Budget instead of Lifetime Budget at the ad group level
Aim for an initial Daily Budget of at least (20x your target CPA)
When making changes to your ad group budget, allow at least 2 days for the ad group to adjust before making any further changes to the ad group
Avoid editing your bid and targeting more often than every 2 days
When changing your bid, stay within 20% of the current bid.
13. Give your Ad a name.
14. Select your ad media, add text and select the “Call to Action” button “Download”. Craft your display name and text carefully – they should engage your audience to click the ad banner.
TikTok allows you to add up to 20 ads per group. We recommend adding 3-5 ads groups.
15. Copy the URL (traffic link) provided on your SplitMetrics campaign page.
16. Enter your traffic link http://stor.re/***** URL to promote it on TikTok.
17. Press the Submit button and you are good to go.
After connecting the TikTok Pixel via GTM you’re good to go and start optimizing your app product page and increasing conversions.